BY ELISHA VANDOR - Tuesday, May 12, 2020
BY ELISHA VANDOR - Wednesday, March 4 8:00pm
Yes, you've probably heard of the alternative to traditional removable dentures already. If not, let me provide a brief refresher here. Dental implants can be used to replace full arches of missing teeth permanently, or just secure a loose denture. They have A LOT of benefits, but dental insurance coverage isn't one of them. Dental insurance is one reason why dentures are still so popular.
BY ELISHA VANDOR, STORIES SUBMITTED BY PATIENTS
Over the past 5 years of working alongside Brock, whether at reception, in the lab, or hiding in the back writing these articles; I must tell you, I have seen countless people come in with all kinds of denture problems, or even just denture questions, and leave just so happy they came. Sometimes their dentures were old, lots of times they were loose, other times they didn't even have dentures yet. But no matter what, we hear stories like these every day and are so encouraged to keep working hard doing what we do best, making people smile! I wanted to share just a couple of those stories today, hopefully to encourage you as well, that denture help is our there. Actually, right in your neighbourhood!
A New Year's denture resolution, Part 2
BY BROCK VANDOR - January 8, 2020
How can you tell right away if someone has a partial denture? Well a sure sign is when you can see metal hooks when they smile.
There are many ways to make a denture fit better. Some people may suggest a reline. Others may say a new denture altogether. Although these are ways you can get your denture to fit better, it's not always a guarantee because there still isn't a solid foundation for your denture to sit on.
Today, I would like to share with you a method that will guarantee your denture will be secure and stay where it should be.
10 out of 10 patients agreed: a much more comfortable and "No -Gag" experience.
BY BROCK VANDOR
AUGUST 28 6:59AM
1. "Oh my Lord, it's fantastic! I was afraid of gagging and throwing up. I was anxious about what's going to happen, but the experience was awesome." - L.D.
2. "Easier than I was expecting. It went great!" - D.M.
3. There's no bad taste or anything. Yes, it's an improvement to the old method, definitely." E.C.
4. "The impressions didn't bother me at all and I'm really gaggy. I am very happy this time." - J.M.
5. "It was comfortable. It doesn't even taste bad. I would do it again." - M.I.
6. "Quite a bit different (in a good way) than what I've experienced. I felt a lot more relaxed." - L.C.
7. "It was totally different and I never gagged once. It was wonderful, very fast, and nice and easy." - L.D.
8. It's a lot quicker, there's really no comparison. I have no complaints. I didn't feel any pressure on the inside or feel the urge to gag." - I.R.
9. Each impression was done separately and it felt like he was getting a better fit that way." - D.W.
10. Brock did it once and it was perfect. I can't open my mouth very wide so it makes it a lot harder, but this time was a lot better. Very good!" - L.H.
By Elisha Vandor
July 11, 2019 - 11:05am
There is a silver lining behind every cloud, and in Paul's case, a smile behind every calamity. A few months ago Paul was driving along when another car drifted head on into his lane and crashed into him!
By Brock Vandor - Denturist
May 29, 2019 - 2:09pm
"Do I need new dentures?"
People often come into my office asking this question. Although I am truly honoured they trust my opinion on the matter, the truth is...
Testimonial submitted by patient
May 2, 2019 - 9:26am
"A friend of mine suggested that I come here and I was really glad that I did!
"I didn't realize how much your confidence is shot when you have no teeth. I am so much more confident now, wow!" Says Larry G. about his new permanent teeth.
By Elisha Vandor – The denturist’s wife
April 4, 2019 – 4:45 PM
If you recall, a few weeks ago we talked about going from decaying or unsightly natural teeth to immediate dentures. You might be thinking ‘my grandma wore dentures; my mom wore dentures, now it’s my turn too’. The good news is, a denture is not your only tooth/teeth replacement option. As the title reveals, dental implants are the leading way for teeth replacement. Now, please don’t say you’re too old for dental implants! We had a patient who was 94…yes 94 get dental implants! When there’s a will, there’s a way! Now that you feel young and energetic, we want to empower you with knowledge about dental implants.
By Elisha Vandor - The denturist’s wife
March 7, 2019 - 10:38 AM
Today, we do all we can to save natural teeth, which is different from 50 years ago because our resources and expertise have come a long way! However, for some, extracting decaying or unsightly teeth is necessary for oral health and self-confidence. Although removing one, some, or all of your teeth can leave anyone asking, ‘where do I go from here’? Let me answer that question for you!